Sunday, April 12, 2009

In the cultivated world

This little guy opened up today in my garden. Many others will be right behind it, but are buds now. It's another purple flower that lives right in my midst and yet I do not know its name. (Input appreciated.) I didn't plant them, but the people who lived here previously may have. At any rate, they pop up every year quite early in the bed where I plant annuals. By the time I am ready to plant the other flowers, they are gone. They come back the next year regardless of what I put there in the summer or where I put it. Good for them.

In the garden, I planted sugar snap peas, radishes, lettuce, spinach, cilantro and carrots today. These should be able to withstand the cold so long as we don't have a major snowfall. Started hardening off the onion seedlings that we started too late, hoping to put them, and potatoes, in the ground next weekend. Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment