Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bugs and Other Things

I found this female common whitetail today in the parking lot at Lowe's. It was moving but looked a little worse for the wear (her head was a little wonky looking). I rescued it and released it near a little pond, so in my brain she made a full recovery and is doing well! (Her wing is fine there, just caught in a breeze. And, the males actually do have white abdomens; on the females, the name seems rather odd.)
This question mark was also looking a wee bit wobbly when we found it on Tuesday, but may have been OK. Who knows? I was struck by how hairy its wings were in the center.
The monarchs -- this one and several others -- all looked healthy and happy, feeding, dancing with each other.
These are interesting berries, no?
Wild bergamot blooms.
A wild onion flowers, picture taken from underneath...

1 comment:

  1. I like how you add sketches to your post..also thought I was the only person who rescues insects....nice to know that I'm not alone... Michelle

    ReplyDelete