Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Notes to Self.

As of this week, I am still seeing:
  • frogs
  • monarchs (though not in the great numbers I was a few weeks ago)
  • grasshoppers
  • milkweed bugs
  • garter snakes
Also, notes from the bird world...
  • goldfinches are brown (have been...)
  • yellow rumped warblers are coming through.
  • juncos are here.
  • so are sandhill cranes, though I haven't seen or heard them, other people have been reporting it for a few weeks.
  • Geese are going crazy. I know that a lot of them stay around all winter, and a lot of the big flocks I've seen have been going north... but the amount of goose activity... the number of times I've had to stop class and just wait because 50-100 noisy geese were flying over in the past week has been quite high. Say what you will, something is going on with the geese right now.
Sometimes, we just need some boring record-keeping notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment