Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day.

(Note: no exclamation mark in title. Read on to find out why.)

I am writing this from home. It's 8:15 on a Friday morning, and here I am. Yup. It's a snow day -- school is cancelled. Of course, somehow our phone tree failed and we never got a call about it. So we shoveled out and went to work and spent about 45 minutes there before realizing there were surprisingly few people around. (Not zero people... there were a few other teachers there who also didn't get called. This is why we didn't figure it out sooner.) Then we made some calls and found out school had been cancelled and most people got phone calls. So there's an hour and a half I'll never get back. I mean, the worst part of the day is waking up when it's dark and getting to school. Once there, things just start happening and time passes without us really noticing and sometimes we even have fun along the way. At this point, I don't even think I'll be able to nap.

As it turns out, the snow has stopped falling -- we probably got about 10 inches all told, but over 24 hours so not that bad -- and the roads aren't terrible. It's quite lovely out. Perhaps we'll take advantage and go sledding or something. At least take some photos to post. But first, I'm going to take a nap. (I got over that pretty fast, no?)

Happy snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment