Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sunflower, Unfinished

For the past few days, I have had these gorgeous, green-and-yellow centered sunflowers on my desk at work. They were brought for me by a co-worker who grew them for our wedding, as several friends did... but they chose to bloom quite a bit late. So I got some now. And they are so lovely, I just wanted to draw one. But I didn't have a lot of time, so... but I actually kind of like the picture this way.

Once again caught camera-less, today I saw 7 monarchs all together in one bunch of false sunflowers. Quite striking and lovely. A migration? And speaking of monarchs, the fat caterpillar from the last post? Is gone, and I can't find a chrysalis to save my life. I really, really want to. But it's not to be...

1 comment:

  1. Naomi,
    I love the picture just the way you drew it. It is so lovely! It reminds me of the gorgeous sunflowers you had on your wedding day. What a wonderful day!
    Dolores

    ReplyDelete