Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ice Storm

The morning is lovely and treacherous. Everything is coated in a layer of ice. Above, the umbrel flowerhead of a golden Alexander... it looks like little cups holding ice crystals aloft. Below, the complex little seeds of queen of the prairie droop under the weight of the ice.

I thought the barberry made a lovely Christmas image. (I know, it's a painfully thorny non-native... I guess that's OK. I don't celebrate Christmas, anyhow...)
Stem of compass plant.
Brown-eyed Susans.
It's not just natural things... my yard art is covered in ice as well (above) and the side of the house has tiny icicles from every board on the siding (below).
So. This should be an awesome day for driving, which is what we're supposed to be doing all day. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment