Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Shake, Rattle and Roll.

So I got this email from my uncle this morning:

"I was expecting at least some acknowledgment of the earthquake! I had no idea anything had happened until I heard about it on the radio this morning. Maybe twenty years ago we had one that I actually felt, but this one I slept through solidly. You were closer to Ground Zero, though, so I figured you'd have been jiggled."

This was the first I had heard of this event. I listened to NPR on the way to work, but it's not a long trip, and I didn't hear anything about an earthquake. Turns out we did have one, but it didn't wake me up... or if it did, I thought it was plows, which rumbled past and roused me a few times during the night. Normally I am a light sleeper, but... I don't know... Anyhow, here's more info.

1 comment:

  1. we are overdue for a big one here along the new Madrid fault line, i worry most for st Louis and Memphis as nothing there is earthquake proof
    and the region is likely to suffer great destruction when the big one comes back around again, everything in these cities was built since the last big quakes in 1811-1812 which were the largest quakes in n America in recorded history at over 8.0 on the scale

    ReplyDelete