Thursday, April 15, 2010

Conversations with Small People

Conversation #1
Naomi (noticing that kindergartener at recess is sitting in a sort of nest she created): That looks like a comfortable seat you have there!

Kid (thoughtfully): Um, I saw a couple of them.

Naomi: (Pause.) OK! Well, I have to go to class now!


Conversation #2
Naomi (at the end of the last class of the day, when it was sunny and 79 degrees): You guys enjoy the rest of your beautiful afternoon -- I hope you get to play outside!

Kid (melodramatically): How can we. It's horrible outside. I'm hot.

Naomi (thought): You can't win, can you? Because last week it was too cold and now it's too hot. It's never just right, is it, Goldilocks?

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking of titling the blog post I have been writing in my head Meterological Intolerance and Me......I'm with that salty little dude who thinks 84 is too hot for April. When there aren't even any leaves yet to provide shade, 84 is not allowed.

    ReplyDelete