Sunday, April 11, 2010

Yesterday...

A trout lily's petals peel back to reveal long, yellow anthers. These aren't in my yard. I suspect the ones in my yard are going to be just leaves this year as they settle in. More specifically, 2 leaves. But I hope they'll be happy and spread and make more leaves and flowers in years to come, like these wild ones which carpet the forest floor.






I don't even know what this is. It's some sort of ornamental garden flower, probably an annual, but its layers of opening petals in this bright yellow color were striking to me.




Weeping willows are swaying in the wind these days, with their tiny green leaves and long bright yellow flowers... They are some of the greenest trees around.










Yesterday was also the second day in a row I saw a goldfinch sporting its bright yellow, celebratory summer colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment